Emails sent in bulk
The COMS system allows you to send emails to any group of users, at a time of your choosing. Templates useful for specific tasks are provided, often prefilled with a standard text corresponding to the task at hand. For example, there is a template to target authors of accepted (or rejected) submissions; another to contact all users, etc. All the templates can be edited and personalised by means of placeholders.
- Locate the targeted emails
- Go to Emails / Targeted emails. All the templates are located in this section.
- Select a suitable email template
- The targeted emails section lists a number of templates that target predefined sets of users. For example, you can find templates that target all users, all submitters, all speakers, all submitters of accepted papers or posters, all reviewers, all presenters, all users whose registration payment is still due etc.
- Edit the texts and subject lines of the templates
- The email templates are provided with predefined texts and subject lines that suit the task at hand, for instance inform submitters of accepted papers of the status of their submission. These texts and the subject lines can be edited or replaced entirely with your own texts.
- Preview the emails
- After editing and saving the text of an email template, you can use the preview function to check the list of recipients, as well as the content of all the emails.
- Send the emails and track the result
- When you commit to sending the emails, these are stored in the email database where they queue to be sent out. The mail log, accessible at Emails / Mail log / Targeted emails, records the status of the task.
- Send an email to hand-picked users
- The last of the targeted email templates, found at Emails / Targeted emails / Hand-picked users is designed to allow flexible targetting of the recipients. While the other targeted emails reach predefined sets of recipients, the hand-picked template comes with a filter that can be used to select any subset of the users. The selection of the recipients proceeds in two steps:
- First, use the filter to make a broad selection of the users, for instance all presenters whose registration fee is still due.
- Review the list of users generated by the filter and manually refine the selection.