Set options for the review process
These can be set at Configuration / Reviews / Options for the review process.
Activate peer reviewing
This will activate a number of functions related to the review process. If you do not use reviews, it is recommended to disable the module, so that unwanted functions are not displayed throughout the site.
Allow reviewers to view and search all the submissions
This option is typically activated if reviewers are allowed to decide which reviews they might want to review (bidding).
Bidding process: activation and options
- Activate the bidding function
- Reviewers will get access to the list of submissions and will be able to indicate their preferences for each, by selecting an option in a drop down list:
[Yes / No / Maybe / Conflict].
- See bidding by others
- If this option is activated, reviewers biddings will be shown to all other reviewers.
- Default bid
- Set a default bidding option that will apply if the reviewers do not select an option. The default option can be any of the following:
[Yes / No / Maybe / Conflict]. Typically, the value
Options for review assignment
- Automatic conflict detection
- If a reviewer's email address is found in the list of authors of a submission, the reviewer will be flagged as having a conflict for that submission.
- Leave out accepted submissions
- This typically applies to the submissions of invited speakers.
- Leave out declined submissions
- Useful if you decide to reject a submission before the review process.
Blind review process
- Allow reviewers to see the list of authors
- Both the submitter an authors are hidden from view.
- Permit reviewers to see each others' reviews
Number of reviews per paper
This value, if given, is only used in the automatic assignment process.
Uploaded files (extended abstracts and full papers)
- Exclude incomplete submissions from the bidding process and the review process
- Allow reviewers to view extended abstracts
- Allow reviewers to view full papers
Proposed corrections by reviewers
This option allows reviewers to upload a file, for instance an MS-Word document, containing suggestions and corrections. Administrators can decide when to display them on the submitters' accounts.