Before setting up emails, be sure to set up general functions relating to the email module (sender, signature, language etc.). These functions are found at Emails / Overview and settings.
Automatic emails are sent automatically by the system, in response to actions taken by the users. Their aim is to provide feedback and information. They are provided with pre-defined texts that can be edited and adapted to your needs.
- Locate the function
- Go to Emails / Automatic emails / Activate and edit the emails. All automatic emails are listed on that page, where they can be both activated (or deactivated) and edited.
- Activate useful emails
- Review the list of automatic emails and activate or deactivate those appropriate to the submission process:
- Registration combined with the submission of an abstract
- Acknowledge the submission of an abstract by an existing system user
- Alert user of failed abstract-file upload (this email will be triggered if the upload of an extended abstract is set to optional, and submitters create an abstract without uploading a file. It is meant to serve as a reminder that an upload is still due).
- Acknowledge the replacement of an extended abstract
- Full paper upload
- Presentation upload
- Acknowledge that a previously submitted full-paper has been replaced by a later version
- Send email on submission withdrawal
- Edit the email templates
- Review the contents of the activated emails (body and subject line) and edit, if necessary.
Bulk emails are one-off emails sent to a group of users at a time of your choosing. Go to Emails / Bulk emails. There, you will find templates suitable for targeting authors and speakers. The configuration of these emails can be left out of the initial set up, as they are generally not needed until the review process has completed.
- Authors of submissions
- You will find several templates to target various groups of recipients:
- Free-style email to all authors
- Email to all authors of accepted papers
- Email to all authors of declined papers
- Free-style email to authors based on the presentation type
- Free-style email to participants without a submission
- You will be able to send an email to speakers based on their type of presentation, or to all speakers.
- Hand-picked users
- You will be able to send an email to any user or group of users.