Undergraduates, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers are invited to apply for talks or poster presentations.
Deadlines for abstract submission are: April 19th for talks and May 6th for posters.
Further information can be found on the conference website.
The main topics of the conference are:
1) Mechanisms of crystal formation and growth in single- and multi-component systems: theoretical description of the process, numerical modeling, experimental results.
2) New methods and approaches to the description of growth and the investigation of different properties of wide-bandgap semiconductors.
3) Nonlinear and collective phenomena in the process of crystal growth.
4) Physics, chemistry, and mechanics of crystal surfaces
5) Origin and statistics of lattice defects and their effect on the properties and growth of crystals
After QFC 2017, the Conference will be in its each second edition of a series of appointments to be held each second year.
The mutual frontiers among these three apparently separated disciplines have been recently blossoming with new innovative, cutting edge research. To the well-established connections between cosmology and high-energy physics, current bright examples are the research activities in analogue gravity and superfluid analogies of cosmological phenomena, and of quantum simulations of lattice gauge theories using ultracold atoms in optical lattices. We intend to use this momentum and opportunities to establish strong collaborations among participants and leading groups to open new pathways leading to breakthrough results, in this spirit, the keynote speakers of the first edition, QFC2017, have been invited and have joined the Scientific Advisory Board.
Conference-Service.com offers, as part of its business activities, a directory of upcoming scientific and technical meetings. The calendar is published for the convenience of conference participants and we strive to support conference organisers who need to publish their upcoming events. Although great care is being taken to ensure the correctness of all entries, we cannot accept any liability that may arise from the presence, absence or incorrectness of any particular information on this website. Always check with the meeting organiser before making arrangements to participate in an event!